Thread: Acer Aspire One 532H

Beans

Exclamation Acer Aspire One 532H

My grandmother's Aspire One 532H was nearly unusable under windows 7, with only 1 gig of ram.

I've put Xubuntu 11.10 on it, after everything seemed to work fine on the liveUSB mode.

There is a problem though, that I need to fix, preferably before I have to leave tomorrow until late December.

The issue is that the wireless network drops and re-connects very frequently, up to once per minute. This did not happen during the installation process. The network uses WPA2 encryption. The signal strength is fine.

After I installed, and tried to install updates, it froze and crashed, and made me do a "partial upgrade" on reboot. Could this be to blame? Should I just try installing it again?

Also, could it be a driver issue? There are no proprietary drivers being used currently. Is there an alternate driver that I could use?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Acer Aspire One 532H

That's strange, because I have that exact model netbook and Lubuntu 11.10 works perfectly on it. Perhaps you have file corruption.

Beans

Re: Acer Aspire One 532H

Okay, I went ahead and re-installed it, but this time, I didn't select the option to install updates during the system installation. The updates didn't lock up this time, and it went smoothly.

The issue is fixed, it was due to file corruption from crashed updates.

When installed properly, the wifi on the 532h works flawlessly after all.