Hi, im new to Linux and Ubuntu all together.
i made the switch after i got fed up with windows.

i have installed Ubuntu 11.10 into my dell latitude d620.
ran into a few issues but alltogether i am happy ith the new setup.
issue 1. (resolved, thanks to these forums) trackpad non-op
issue 2. (resolved, thanks to these forums) no wifi

Issue 3.
this is the one im hung up on.
i cant get ubuntu to recognize the GMA on the intel chip set. i have scoured the forums looking for a way to fix this issue. and i may have managed to miss it, but its what im after, the comp runs well aside from the one game i play, Second life. when i load SL, the CPU takes the full load of the 3D redering, resulting in a FPS of less than 10.

im looking for help in getting the system to recognise the intell GMA

heres what i know about the sysem:
intell chipset 945GM
integrated intell GMA 950
1 gb ram

qther issue i have noticed( if it helps to narrow down some of the possibilitys)
i cannot stream media of any kind in or out, aside from pandora.
on sleep/wake up screen goes to full dim and has to climb back up using the Fn key, staggered climb on that.

what i have done so far:
for the track pad i ran termanal and used
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
and rebooted

for the wifi
installed the proper broadcom drivers and it began workin, i was half asleep when i did its so i dont remember all the steps

for the GMA so far i have tryed intalling the i810 drivers, not sure if they stuck, or if they actually installed
i have not tryed the xorg.config stuff as i cannot find a step by step or walk thru that i can understand.

as i have stated above, i play second life alot. and the connection is great but my FPS stays really low, after a short time of playin the game the laptop starts getting warm and every thing starts luggin down.

any help would be greatly appreciated.