Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound troubleshooting

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Sound troubleshooting

I tend to toss them some freshmeat once a week, else they rip each other to pieces
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

So that I didn't add to this long forum, I started my own thread outlining my issues. Could some of you sound guru's take a peek ? I would sure appreciate it

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2114985

Beans

I've found an old thread mentioning the VIA VT1802 chip, but there was no solution for it. Then I found that topic and read the troubleshooting guides but they didn't help me too. I've used the utility from lidex and it gave me that: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=eb...fed4f4c3636660

As far as I can say, my laptops chip is recognised and activated by ALSA, but the speakers don't do any sound at all and headphones only make the noise if connected.

Would you help me, please?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Refon_oSu View Post
    I've found an old thread mentioning the VIA VT1802 chip, but there was no solution for it. Then I found that topic and read the troubleshooting guides but they didn't help me too. I've used the utility from lidex and it gave me that: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=eb...fed4f4c3636660

As far as I can say, my laptops chip is recognised and activated by ALSA, but the speakers don't do any sound at all and headphones only make the noise if connected.

Would you help me, please?
    Upgrade the ALSA driver. A lot of VIA codec issues have been fixed since the time when Ubuntu 12.04 came out: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/UpgradingAlsa/DKMS

Beans

Hi, I'm new to Ubuntu and I'm having a problem with my volume level. Whenever it drops below 16%, the sound disappears. It doesn't technically show that the volume is muted until the volume level hits 0%, but there's no sound anyway. When the volume is at or above 16%, it works fine. Thanks for any help with this.

Beans

Greetings everyone, I posted previously on a separate thread about my sound issues here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2112597 (same old sound clicks problem), and after trying some more, I still can't figure out what went wrong. I tried purging alsa and pulseaudio and reinstalling (which did work), but after rebooting, the problem came back.

Relevant information is in that post, and if you need more, ask me, please, because I'm really tired of this.

Beans

Hello. My audio woes are odd and usually only seem to come after a long visit to Windows 7. They "fixed themselves" before but now it's happened again.

Alsa output: http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=20...0f36a5f80df43e

Edit: Sorry. Running Acer Aspire TimelineX 4830TG-6808. Ubuntu 12.10 Dual-boot w/ Win7. Audio icon not showing up in upper right either. Tried posting pulseverbose.log but I think it was 'too long'. Browser kept crashing when I did. Issues seem to happen only on reboot. I've tried to 'troubleshoot' a LOT so not sure if any fixes are conflicting because the issue seems to be evolving. Is there a way I could "start fresh" with Pulseaudio/Alsa and troubleshoot from there? I love Ubuntu, can't wait for 13.04 to come out and I use/need it for work purposes. Having no audio makes my work very stressful

If you need any more info please let me know.

Extra Edit for more Info:

lspci output:
    Code:
    Aspire:~$ lspci | grep Audio
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
    aplay-l output:
    Code:
    Aspire:~$ aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CX20588 Analog [CX20588 Analog]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: CX20588 Digital [CX20588 Digital]
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
    Last edited by Simeo; February 16th, 2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Adding More Info
    64-Bit Ubuntu 12.04 (NEVER buy an HP laptop)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Simeo View Post
    ...can't wait for 13.04 to come out and I use/need it for work purposes...
    Then please begin testing it, at least in a live boot. Now is your best chance to isolate bugs in order to get them fixed.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    Then please begin testing it, at least in a live boot. Now is your best chance to isolate bugs in order to get them fixed.
    Do you think upgrading to beta may fix my audio issues? I have no issues testing to help contribute. I've been using Ubuntu since 10.04. It was a small learning curve when I first started (and a bigger one with the intro of Unity) but now I find I'm more productive with Ubuntu than Win or Mac. I don't mind contributing to the community at all. You guys have helped so much in the past 3 years.

PS I added more info to my last post lspci and aplay outputs. Hope it helps.
    64-Bit Ubuntu 12.04 (NEVER buy an HP laptop)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Simeo View Post
    Do you think upgrading to beta may fix my audio issues?
    I can't say if it works better, worse or the same. Again: Testing and reporting bugs is the only way to go.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast