To report a not yet supported camera to the gphoto development team follow the instructions below:
- If it a USB mass storage based camera (appearing like a USB stick or USB drive) it is mounted by your operating system and not gphoto2. In this case a report to us is not necessary.
- Record the output of lsusb to get the USB ids.
- Record the output of gphoto2 --auto-detect to see if it is detected in a generic way, or by another name. If it is detected already, run the steps below:
- Record the output of LANG=C gphoto2 --summary >summary.txt to get generic summary information into the summary.txt file.
- Record the output of LANG=C gphoto2 --list-all-config >config.txt to get the configuration tree into the config.txt file.
- Record the output of gphoto2 --capture-image to see if capture works already.
Mail the output results with the camera name to firstname.lastname@example.org