Thread: Help! No sound after kernel update!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Help! No sound after kernel update!

After today's kernel update there is no sound on my system! (11.10 64bit). Has anyone got the same problem?

UPDATE: Actually, it's strange, but only the speakers don't work, the headphone output works fine. I didn't do anything though, so no idea why the speaker output suddenly doesn't work. That can't have been caused by kernel update, can it?

UPDATE: Sorry for the (seemingly) unnecessary thread - the sound does work, but only when I pull out the jack from the headphone outlet. That wasn't the case before, hence all the confusion. I don't know why the behaviour of the sound card has changed, but it happened after the kernel update, and I had never had this problem before.
    Last edited by boddhisatva; November 22nd, 2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: new data
    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go"

Beans

Question Re: Help! No sound after kernel update!

There is definitely some problem with sound after the kernel upgrade today. I couldn't get sound to work myself. But after a few restarts and fiddling with audio settings, it started working. Pretty random behaviour.

P.S. Your avatar says 10.10