Thread: Nov 21st updates spoiled screen res plus

Beans

Nov 21st updates spoiled screen res plus

Hi,
    After last night's updates (kernel 3.0.0.13 and other updates), I rebooted this morning to find that the native resolution of my monitor is no longer available. I am currently stuck at 1024x768 (4:3) instead of 1440x900 (16:9). I also find that Unity is no longer ticked in ccsm, and that Gnome shell has reverted to the fall-back mode (panels top and bottom).

The resolution issue carried over to my Win7 boot as well, but that was easily rectified and is correct now. Also, the grub screen is correctly displayed at 1440x900.

Re-ticking the unity item in ccsm has made no difference to either Unity or Gnome shell, and Ubu cannot detect my monitor correctly now.

Can anyone help me with this please?

I will be away from the affected machine until tonight, so i hope i have provided enough information for now.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Hylas de Niall; November 22nd, 2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: info re grub screen

Beans

Re: Nov 21st updates spoiled screen res plus

Erm, thanks for everything chaps! ;D
    Just got home and booted back in, ....and everything's fine again. The only difference i can see is that the monitor is recognised HKC 19" where before it wasn't. Throughout everything the GX chipset was correct.

Is my monitor dying maybe?