Thread: All *buntus: Brasero and XFburn crashes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question All *buntus: Brasero and XFburn crashes

Hi all,

I would like information on where to post a bug about two different applications.

The problem is with Brasero and XFburn

In Brasero, after adding files to a "data composition", occasionally when deleting them from the composition, the program will crash. Running it from terminal yields that it is crashing with a "Segmentation Fault". I am able to reproduce this bug by repeatedly removing files from compositions. I'm not sure if it is a cumulative thing or not, but needless to say if I have a "difficult" composition to make (excessive deletes), I save the composition a few times.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information to help file a bug report. I am willing to file the bug report, if I know where and what to provide.

The other problem is with XFburn, hilariously enough it has the opposite problem. It crashes when adding files to a data composition. This makes it almost unusable for burning data compositions.

I do have a 3rd concern with Brasero, it fails almost 100% on any burn, whether it is of an existing .iso or a data composition... It goes through the entire burn and then reports and error at the end. The resulting disc is unusable.

As a workaround, I have been using Brasero to make .iso files of my data compositions and then using xfburn to burn them (using TAO setting).

Does Brasero have a TAO setting that would work and would that solve the problem. The hardware is fine (I actually bought a new CD/DVD RAM back before I knew it was Brasero).

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Post Re: All *buntus: Brasero and XFburn crashes

*bump*