Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06 32 bit, based on endy's HOWTO

Beans

Re: HOWTO Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06 32 bit, based on endy's HOWTO

Quote Originally Posted by detyabozhye
    If you hit F12 on the keyboard, does it work?
    yep pressing F12 on the keyboard does what it should do... but the mouse won't do it even though it seems to generate the keypress for F12....
    any ideas?

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06 32 bit, based on endy's HOWTO

THANK YOU detyabozhye!

It is really important for me to have the side keyes of my MX1000 working as forward and backward while browsing, and your howto did the trick.

For me it worked with the normal evdev in Dapper (1:1.1.2-0ubuntu3), the thing I was missing was the changed path to xvkbd.
    Also I did not need the udev stuff (until now), my xorg.conf looks like this:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
            Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
            Driver          "evdev"
            Option          "CorePointer"
            Option          "Name"                  "Logitech USB Receiver"
            Option          "Dev Phys"              "usb-0000:00:10.0-1/input0"
            Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5 6 7"
            Option          "Buttons"               "12"
            Option          "Resolution"            "800"
    EndSection
    I found out in Xlog that xorg automatically maps the buttons 6 and 7 to horizontal scrolling (which is their purpose), and that directly worked.
    In old evdev my mouse was recognized as having 12 buttons (which is true), but now Xlog says it has 20. I dont know why, but the only thing that changes is that I have to add some more numbers when using xmodmap (which I do to map the middle mouse button to the side button as that one does not work properly anymore).
    Code:
    ! Swap middle mouse button and side mouse button
    pointer = 1 10 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

! make caps lock escape
    remove Lock = Caps_Lock
    keysym Caps_Lock = Escape
    I kept in the latter part because I think it is useful (especially for vim users).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06 32 bit, based on endy's HOWTO

Hi all, I've followed the howto and my mx510 works well, but when I go to university and I take with me a mini-mouse (and I left the mx510 at home) Xserver wouldn't start because the mx510 device isn't plugged in.
    I have to edit everytime xorg.conf and reboot.

Another thing is that when I'm using my mx510 the touchpad seems disabled, and when I don't use logitech mouse everything ok...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by fargoth
    yep pressing F12 on the keyboard does what it should do... but the mouse won't do it even though it seems to generate the keypress for F12....
    any ideas?
    Hmm, it does F12 here, I'll try it next time I'm in Xgl and see what I get.
    aka anime4christ (I'm a guy, btw.)
    My personal boring website ^_^
    Jesus has changed your life. Save changes? (Y/N)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    Hi all, I've followed the howto and my mx510 works well, but when I go to university and I take with me a mini-mouse (and I left the mx510 at home) Xserver wouldn't start because the mx510 device isn't plugged in.
    I have to edit everytime xorg.conf and reboot.

Another thing is that when I'm using my mx510 the touchpad seems disabled, and when I don't use logitech mouse everything ok...
    Some else has this working correctly, they left the mouse with the "mouse" driver and added the evdev mouse as well, and they changed "CorePointer" to "SendCoreEvents" I believe. I don't have a laptop, so I can't really test this.

Beans

Hmm, it does F12 here, I'll try it next time I'm in Xgl and see what I get.
    thanks, i'll be waiting for your answer, it really is wierd.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Some else has this working correctly, they left the mouse with the "mouse" driver and added the evdev mouse as well, and they changed "CorePointer" to "SendCoreEvents" I believe. I don't have a laptop, so I can't really test this.
    How can I do it?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    How can I do it?
    I can't guarentee it'll work, because I haven't tried it, but I guess you would leave the "mouse" mouse and add the evdev mouse to xorg.conf, then replace
    Code:
    	Option "CorePointer"
    with
    Code:
    	Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    in the evdev mouse.

Beans

This seems to work for the browser ok except:

There is this really annoying thing with firefox.

Sometimes when you hit back, thumb button on the MX1000 it will go all the way back to the very first page that you opened. Not just back one page.

You can see that it is like stuck in a loop. All previous pages flash up.

I added -no-repeat to the xvkbd command in xbindkeys

"xvkbd -no-repeat -text "\[Alt_L]\[Left]""
    m:0x10 + b:8 + Release
    "xvkbd -no-repeat -text "\[Alt_L]\[Right]""
    m:0x10 + b:9 + Release

No Luck, is there something more that I should do?

Thanks
    Rob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Has someone got their MX700 working? I haven't and I'm tired of guessing. Please give me a quick guide.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast