Thread: LightDM update today... (Nov17)

Beans

LightDM update today... (Nov17)

Is it just me or has the LightDM update today seriously improved the login-to-desktop time? I'm only posting in case I've imagined it, but previously there was a slight delay from logging in, to the desktop loading. It was only slight, but noticeable. However, after today's update I'm noticing after several reboots that there has definitely been a speed boost in this area and the desktop appears before the log in music has finished. This is pretty great.

Okay it probably didn't need me to post this up pointing it out, but it's definitely an example of how the devs are clearly tackling issues that users have raised to them. If nothing else I'd like to say thanks for the improvement here to the developers.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: LightDM update today... (Nov17)

im running a dual core box and can't say that i noticed it. i also have ran 'gdm' for comparison, in which case lightdm is faster overall.

Beans

Re: LightDM update today... (Nov17)

Ah well, maybe it's just my system, but I definitely noticed another speed boost from logging in, to the working desktop.

Just me, nothing to see.
    Intel Core i3-8100, 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400 RAM, 240GB Crucial SSD+1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti