Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Desura Game Distribution Platform

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Desura Game Distribution Platform

I just downloaded Desurium from a PPA. It seems a bit more stable, though I still had crashes if trying to install multiple games. Stability is better though

Irritatingly, Desurium doesn't filter for Linux only, when browsing the store, which makes it really hard to find Linux titles.
    But you can always search in a browser I suppose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Talking Re: Desura Game Distribution Platform

Those on the fence about Dominions 3 due to the high cost of the game on Shrapnel should note that The. Best. Turn-Based. Strategy. Game. Ever. is now only $30 from Desura. The official forum is now on Desura. Let's get more Linux users playing what I (ahem) think is a pretty good game.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Well yes it does seem pretty intuitive. Really I always wanted something like this, since they already have a Steam port. I'll stick with that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

So, what are some good games to play at Desura? I was looking at Mount & Blade, looks pretty cool, but anyone have any suggestions for both free and non-free games to try?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Dragon View Post
    So, what are some good games to play at Desura? I was looking at Mount & Blade, looks pretty cool, but anyone have any suggestions for both free and non-free games to try?
    Red Eclipse is one of the best FPS games I've played and it's free. No frills or crazy extra stuff, just good old fashioned shooting people, like Mom used to do.

I bought "Non-Flying Soldiers" and it's a pretty decent puzzle game, worth the $6.

I also enjoy playing "TripleA" with the Lord of the Rings map.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyskunk View Post
    Red Eclipse is one of the best FPS games I've played and it's free. No frills or crazy extra stuff, just good old fashioned shooting people, like Mom used to do.

I bought "Non-Flying Soldiers" and it's a pretty decent puzzle game, worth the $6.

I also enjoy playing "TripleA" with the Lord of the Rings map.
    Sweet, thanks! I'll check them out now, starting with the FPS game.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Desura Game Distribution Platform

I got all the Steam for Linux games. I might have to check this out after work today. Though TF2 might be calling my name.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've been using Desura for a couple of months and I'm loving it. I've used both the official client and Desurium, and in both of them I'm having the same issue: I can't download any game. Don't get me wrong, games get downloaded and installed to my computer without any problem, what I can't do is download the installer/package/tarball to my computer as a backup (that is, I can't do it using the client application, I can do it using a web browser alright).

I don't get any error message, either a windowed one or a console one. When I click any version under PURCHASED DOWNLOADS on the game profile page, the client appears to be loading something for a fraction of a second after which it stops and nothing happens.

Anyone experienced the same problem and/or knows how to solve it?

Beans

Downloaded Desura for the first time today. Seems pretty cool. I know Steam launched recently but I don't see why Desura should get any less attention. Everything on Desura is DRM free, right?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zeven View Post
    Downloaded Desura for the first time today. Seems pretty cool. I know Steam launched recently but I don't see why Desura should get any less attention. Everything on Desura is DRM free, right?
    Right !

A new game was added :
    http://www.desura.com/games/jack-keane

Jack Keane is not yet released on Ubuntu Software Center

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast