Re: MacbookPro running hazardously hot under Oneiric
1. Oneiric consumes more power than earlier versions of Ubuntu.
Originally Posted by Lars Noodén
2. The fans are actually always on, but they usually run at a low speed, which is why you can't hear them.
3. Macs, in general, do tend to run hotter then regular PCs, especially the iMac and the 17 inch macbook pro. They both get incredibly hot, even when idle. Two good solutions would be:
1. Install LXDE, and use that instead of Unity, since LXDE uses less resources.
2. Prop up the rear of the laptop using a small objects under the rear feet of the laptop.
Which size Macbook pro do you have? 13inch, 15inch, or 17inch?
Remember, do not put your Laptop on your lap.
Say no to Microsoft. Say yes to open source.