Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with Foxit Reader on Wine

Beans

Re: Problem with Foxit Reader on Wine

Quote Originally Posted by ilkos View Post
    1. Okular - supports annotation, but I'm not satisfied how it works. Can't use saved file in Windows (not .pdf extension) and I think it has some specific annotation format.
    I just tried this and it saves the annotations with the file in regular PDF format. I can't test whether they can be opened on Windows though. You could install Okular on Windows to get around that though.

Beans

Sorry I mixed Okular with Xournal. Okular saves to .pdf format but doesn't work OK with annotations.
    When I try to highlight one column of text (article is written in two columns) both columns were highlighted. After file reopening annotations disappeared.

Beans

FYI:

Last year I emailed FoxIt to see if a 64 bit version would ever be available. They replied that FoxIt Reader's version for Linux isn't under development any longer, so the April '09 release is the last. No 64 bit version. It is a nice basic reader, but the Linux version doesn't have a lot of the features the Windows version has. Probably comparable to Evince. The .deb file is still available on their downloads page.

Beans

I visited official Foxit site, but didn't notice release date for Linux version .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks a lot ilkos!! I tried with the Foxit 4.3.1 in http://www.oldapps.com/foxit_reader.php under Wine and it works in Natty. I can finally save annotations and bookmarks in the PDFs. Big time.
    PS. Latest Foxit (5...) does not work BTW.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bluexrider View Post
    I fail to understand why you would want to use WINE and a .pdf reader over the default Ubuntu one. Look to the software center to find an appropriate application.
    You fail to understand because you don't read.

It has been mentioned several times, that the WINDOWS version of the software FOXIT, allows the user to ANNOTATE.

Does ANY PDF reader available for linux do that?

Now do you understand?
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...avital&t=45104
    "I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12