Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why you left windows

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Why you left windows

Quote Originally Posted by weasel fierce View Post
    Stability, less hassle to do things, a system that doesn't degrade with use, freedom.
    Yes,and not having to use infection prevention ware.
    I want to be able to install an OS as many times as I need to when things go off kilter.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans

Re: Why you left windows

I'm still a Windows user and I work on it as a profession. I've been interested in linux off and on since around '98, but I've always found learning the linux paradigm a little offputting. With the newer distros coming out, this is less of a problem (albeit I do like my registry, dcom, AD) and I'm starting to experiment more with it.

Will I ever switch over to Linux as a desktop? I'm too big of a gamer for that to ever happen, but I see it becoming more common on my test boxes/servers.

Beans

I haven't completely left windows as I still have windows 7 on my netbook. The main reasons I prefer it though is that I don't have to be bothered with virus scanners etc and all my applications are updated in one place which is awesome.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!

I just hate being told of what to buy, when to buy...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123