Beans

Re: Wunderlist Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric X64

maj@Emeth:~$ sudo apt-fast install libglib2.0-0
    [sudo] password for maj:
    Working...
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    libglib2.0-0 is already the newest version.

Thanks for your reply, but are there any other solution(s)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi there.

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it doesn't work on my machine. Here's the error message:

./Wunderlist: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea? Thanks again.

Beans

Same here. Is there a fix for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libffi6
    Code:
    sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libffi.so.6.0.0 /usr/lib/libffi.so.5

Beans

Collisionystm,

Thanks for a great guide to getting Wunderlist running. I'm pretty new to this, but I was able to get the application running. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the icon to appear properly in my pixmaps folder. After I enter the gksudo command to open gedit, I get the following list of error messages.
    [CODE]
    (gksudo:4972): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.KHUF7V': No such file or directory

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.8GSG7V': No such file or directory

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory [CODE]

I don't know what it all means or how to fix it. Is there any chance these directories can't be found because I'm running Ubuntu from a WUBI install and if so, how do I fix it? Any (further) help would be greatly appreciated, though this wholly a cosmetic issue.
    Last edited by whyDerrick; January 11th, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by whyDerrick View Post
    Collisionystm,

Thanks for a great guide to getting Wunderlist running. I'm pretty new to this, but I was able to get the application running. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the icon to appear properly in my pixmaps folder. After I enter the gksudo command to open gedit, I get the following list of error messages.
    [CODE]
    (gksudo:4972): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.KHUF7V': No such file or directory

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to store changes into `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: Failed to create file '/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel.8GSG7V': No such file or directory

(gedit:4974): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to set the permissions of `/root/.local/share/recently-used.xbel', but failed: No such file or directory [CODE]

I don't know what it all means or how to fix it. Is there any chance these directories can't be found because I'm running Ubuntu from a WUBI install and if so, how do I fix it? Any (further) help would be greatly appreciated, though this wholly a cosmetic issue.

Here is my guess.
    When you sudo a command on an installed Ubuntu, you are running with root privileges but still under your user directory. So when you do something like gksudo gedit you are actually running out of the /home/username/.local/share ... etc.

However, on the live cd, it is hacked so there is no sudo passwd, and I am not sure how everythiing is run on there, but you probably need to create the folders its missing manually.

OR, if its a persistent live session, make your own user account instead of ubuntu. Put a password on it. It should function like normal.

but... try this and run gksudo again.

open terminal

sudo bash

cd /root <<<< i would assume /root exists. If not, create it. mkdir /root

mkdir .local

cd .local

mkdir share

Beans

Thanks for your help. Creating the new directories in the root got rid of most of the error messages. I just don't quite understand how to fix problems yet, so I didn't think to make the missing directories. Even after I created the directories though, the gksudo command still didn't work. I ended up copying the file out of the wunderlist/resources path and essentially using the command line to move the copy into the pixmaps directory. And that worked, so I'm all good now!

Oh! This is slightly offtopic, but WUBI isn't a liveCD, at least not if I understand it correctly. Rather, it's a virtual disk that runs Ubuntu from within a Windows drive to make it such that green users like myself don't need to partition their hard drives to give Ubuntu a more substantial test run than a liveCD (or run it indefinitely that way).

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by whyDerrick; January 12th, 2012 at 06:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I tried it on Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit, but no luck. Error message:

ricsipontaz@ricsipontaz-desktop:/opt/Wunderlist$ ./Wunderlist
    [18:00:51:372] [Titanium.Host] [Information] Loaded module = tiapp
    [18:00:51:373] [Titanium.Host] [Information] Loaded module = tifilesystem
    [18:00:51:373] [Titanium.Host] [Information] Loaded module = tiplatform
    [18:00:51:375] [Titanium.Host] [Information] Loaded module = tiui
    [18:00:51:376] [Titanium.Host] [Information] Loaded module = ticodec
    [18:00:51:377] [Titanium.Host] [Information] Loaded module = tidatabase
    ./Wunderlist: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgstreamer-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol: g_mutex_lock
    ricsipontaz@ricsipontaz-desktop:/opt/Wunderlist$
    Open your mind, use open source!

Beans

Awesome!!! Worked perfectly!!!
    Thank you!!!

Beans

Ubuntu 11.10 64 bits with Unity.

I followed all the steps, but the program only shows the first screen where it informs the type of license; click on Run and the program clsoses.
    I executed in terminal ./Wunderlist and got the following message:

(process:3939): GLib-WARNING **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./glib/goption.c:2168: ignoring no-arg, optional-arg or filename flags (32) on option of type 4 (also 0.1.4 and 5)

(installer:3939): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple: assertion `dest_width > 0' failed

Any suggestions?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast