Thread: Installing Request Tracker via repositories

Beans

Installing Request Tracker via repositories

Request Tracker by BestPractical.com is in the repositories, but after running through the installation dialogs it isn't live (127.0.0.1/rt returns 404.)

There are wikis and forum threads on how to install RT from scratch, but since there is a repository package for it shouldn't there be steps to configure it after installation?

I found this page but it looks out-dated.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Installing Request Tracker via repositories

What version of Ubuntu? The page you referenced is for a current version of Ubuntu, but there's a warning at the top.

Are you running LAMP? Did you try running:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure request-tracker3.8

Beans

Re: Installing Request Tracker via repositories

I'm using 10.04 LTS (desktop) and just re-ran the dpkg-reconfigure steps. I guess I don't really understand why it has to be done twice since I didn't deviate from the standard installation. The second time it failed performing the dbconfig-common step. I asked it to 'retry without reprompting for questions' and it apparently succeeded because it dumped me to the command-line.

I'm also unsure about the use of MySQL in the documentation. The default choice during installation is SQLite3. Maybe I'll try it again choosing MySQL instead, but it seems like this system has had enough time to mature since the writing of that page to be able to use the default DB.

The errors I saw when re-running dpkg-reconfigure were:
    Couldn't finish 'schema' step.
    Error: Couldn't prepare SQL query:
    CREATE TABLE Attachments(
    )
    ERROR: table Attachments already exists
    error encountered populating database:
    ...sqlite3 exited with non-zero status
    dbconfig-common: request-tracker3.8 configure: trying again (skip questions).
    dbconfig-common: writing config to ...request-tracker3.8.conf
    user@host$
    Thanks!