Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with AirPlay plugin for Totem

Beans

Problems with AirPlay plugin for Totem

Hi ,

I have followed this tutorial (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/01/a...omes-to-totem/ ), to try to stream video from my Ipad to my Ubuntu 11.10, but no luck.
    Everything goes just fine, until the step of enabling the AirPlay plugin from within totem, the plugin wont even appear in the list.
    Has anyone got that working? where are the totem plugins stored? Im asking that one because i had to create some extra folders for plugins in totem, but i wonder where are all the other plugins, maybe i should add the files there.

I would appreciate any help you can provide. At this point, this is more a Totem issue than the airplay itself, havent got to that point yet.

Thanks in advance,

Javier

Beans

Re: Problems with AirPlay plugin for Totem

I'm having the same problem. I've tried placing the files in both:

~/.local/share/totem/plugins
    /usr/lib/totem/plugins

Either way, the plugin does not appear in the list when I relaunch totem.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

In fact, I just installed the Arte pluging (even if I don't needed, you can find it from the software center) just to see if it appears in the list and yes it does, but also to try to find where the files get installed, but no idea. I cant find them anywhere.

So I am wondering, where are located the rest of the totem plugins, that appear in the list?, or from where that list is populated?

Has anyone succeeded installing that plugin? and was that in ubuntu 11.10? Im wondering if that might have anything to do, meaning that the totem version is different.

Lets see if we can get this solved, would be really cool.

Javier

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Re: Problems with AirPlay plugin for Totem

Having a similar problem. As tyce suggests, I've tried both the user local (.local/share/totem/plugins) directory and the system-wide (/usr/lib/totem/plugins) directory. Neither seems to work.

I have also tried to follow the pattern (found in the existing plugin files within the system-wide directory) of using .plugin instead of .totem-plugin as the extension for the airplay plugin. I've tried this with both a symlink from one name to the other and renaming. Neither works.

Beans

Was that working for you in 11.04?
    Can that be something related to 11.10? When the post containing the instructions was released, people reported it was working, but that was around 9 months ago, so wondering if something has changed.

I tried also with airfoil (even if is only for music http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/speakers.php) but didnt work either. I dont know what can be wrong, but wish we could fix that.

Beans

Damn it, I can confirm it, at least in ubuntu 10.10 it is working, just installed it at work and works perfectly, at least the part where the plugin will appear in the list. I dont have the ipad here, but i will try to test it.
    It seems that this is definetively something to do with the newer ubuntu or totem or both...or maybe the plugin files. Hmmm this is frustrating.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm not surprised to hear that, but I had never tried it before 11.10.

More than likely, it was yet another casualty of the poor development process that was 11.10.

Beans

For me it was working with 11.04. As of 11.10, when starting totem the following error is thrown
    totem --debug
    (totem:22916): libpeas-WARNING **: Could not find 'Module' in '/home/kados/.local/share/totem/plugins/airplay/airplay.plugin'

(totem:22916): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading '/home/kados/.local/share/totem/plugins/airplay/airplay.plugin'

Seems, that totem has a problem with python plugins....

Beans

Has anybody been able to figure out how this can be fixed? I have been poking around in the files but do not seem to be getting anywhere

There are other working totem plugins that use Python.

Beans

I have made some headway....
    in airplay.plugin I changed the header from [Totem Plugin] to [Plugin]. It is now showing up in Totem's Plugin list...but the following error pops up when I enable it.\:

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gobject/constants.py:24: Warning: g_boxed_type_register_static: assertion `g_type_from_name (name) == 0' failed
    import gobject._gobject
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/airplay/airplay.py", line 27, in <module>
    from AirPlayService import AirPlayService
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/airplay/AirPlayService.py", line 31, in <module>
    from ZeroconfService import ZeroconfService
    File "/usr/lib/totem/plugins/airplay/ZeroconfService.py", line 23, in <module>
    import avahi
    ImportError: No module named avahi

(totem:5727): libpeas-WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'airplay'

Will keep updating...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast