Thread: Update Screwed PHP Up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Update Screwed PHP Up

Alright so I just updated Apache2 (and I have no idea where else to ask so I came here, sorry) and according to the Webmin logs it disabled PHP. I restarted the Apache server in hopes that it would pick up on the new PHP5 configuration but it appears to not have worked. I have a forum, a WordPress which for some unknown reason works fine, (wait no it doesn't), a Nova install and a web directory, and while they're pointing to the right location (thus it isn't a VirtualHost issue), they're not loading properly.

I.E. I click on a thread link and it downloads index.php.

So, what *exactly* is wrong, and how do I fix it? Walk me through this I'm kinda new with these things. Running Ubuntu 10.10. I did a search real quick first trying to find it and I didn't come up with anything helpful. :/ Thank you in advance. ... this won't happen every time I update it will it because if it will I'm tempted to never update it again. >>; Also this is a VPS not a server I'm sitting in front of, but I do have shell access.

Beans

Re: Update Screwed PHP Up

I also suffered from this update. Ubuntu 11.10. All php is downloaded instead of ran by the PHP interpreter.

Beans

Make sure you have the libapache2-mod-php5 package installed.

Beans

SeijiSensei, is correct. According to my log, libapache2-mod-php5 seems to have been removed by the update. I just installed it again using apt-get and restarted Apache to fix. Strange that it was removed.

Beans

First, see if this bug applies to you: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...p5/+bug/330099

If not, perhaps you should file a bug report at Launchpad. You'll need to create an account there if you haven't one already. I'd file the bug, but I've not actually encountered the problem myself (my servers run CentOS). I only know that a number of other people have reported this problem in the past few months, so I have to think that the erroneous removal of libapache2-mod-php5 is more systematic than the current bug report I cited above would suggest.