Thread: No sound in Lubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

No sound in Lubuntu

I downloaded latest Lubuntu 11.10 x64 thinking it would be best suited for my ASUS 1015 Netbook even though it runs Unity without any sweat but strangely after install, I keep getting no suitable audio streams found error and I have no sound as well. Sound works fine in Ubuntu 11.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: No sound in Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxisfast View Post
    I downloaded latest Lubuntu 11.10 x64 thinking it would be best suited for my ASUS 1015 Netbook even though it runs Unity without any sweat but strangely after install, I keep getting no suitable audio streams found error and I have no sound as well. Sound works fine in Ubuntu 11.10.
    Hi there (again)

1- After downloading your iso file (lubuntu 11.10 64bit), did you check MD5SUM? check LOST (Lubuntu One Stop Thread - Section G #12 and #13).

2- What application are you using?

3- Any error message?

4- What is the output of:

Code:
    sudo lshw -C sound
    Please wrap up the text with CODE tags when posting the output.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks amjjawad, I always check the md5 and sha of the downloads before burning them with Brasero. I didn't do the lshw check but was expecting it to work normally as both Ubuntu and Lubuntu use the same kernel.

I will reinstall and post the output for you, meanwhile let me check the sections you recommend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thanks amjjawad, I always check the md5 and sha of the downloads before burning them with Brasero. I didn't do the lshw check but was expecting it to work normally as both Ubuntu and Lubuntu use the same kernel.

I will reinstall and post the output for you, meanwhile let me check the sections you recommend.
    You welcome and it's good to know that.

Why to re-install?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    You welcome and it's good to know that.

Why to re-install?
    Unfortunately had to remove Lubuntu and install Ubuntu as its my mobile workstation but will put Lubuntu back as I am very hopeful that it would work and be a match made in heaven for my netbook.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Unfortunately had to remove Lubuntu and install Ubuntu as its my mobile workstation but will put Lubuntu back as I am very hopeful that it would work and be a match made in heaven for my netbook.
    Ok then, keep this thread as it is and once you install Lubuntu back, post back and report whether the problem got fixed or not