Thread: no flash plugin Firefox

Beans

no flash plugin Firefox

up to a couple of days ago Flash was working fine in Firefox.it stopped after some updates installed Chromium works on that but would rather use Firefox In About:\Plugins vlc plugin is selected for flv. files and I don't know where to find the flash plugin which is Installed.
    Ubuntu 11.10
    Last edited by mick222; November 14th, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
    pentium4 geforce 9400 1gb ram

Beans

Re: no flash plugin Firefox

same Problem here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Try using the flash-aid add-on for firefox which may, as it normally does, sort out all your flash problems.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...sh-aid/?src=ss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Try using the flash-aid add-on for firefox which may, as it normally does, sort out all your flash problems.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...sh-aid/?src=ss
    Hi thx installed the add-on disabled the vlc Plugin that firefox wants to use. How do i start it nothing seems to happen after restarting Firefox

Beans
    Hidden!

From FlashAid you have to disable HWVideo Decode in tweaking preferences.

Then install flash again.

Beans

Flash aid removed flashplugin-installer I then installed Flashplugin from Synaptic which worked. very strange i had already done the same thing and it didn't work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I've noticed that flash installs from their homepage with apt links. Maybe you can simply reinstall/upgrade flash.

First follow the tutorial at APTURL to prepare Firefox for apt links.

Go to Flash Install Page and in the list pick 'APT for Ubuntu 10.04+'. When Firefox asks for an application to use, open the link with '/usr/bin/apturl', like the tutorial says. Hopefully it will reinstall the package for you and fix the errors.
    Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail)

Beans

I think the problem was i was trying to remove the flashplugin- installer and install flash in one operation. Better to use Synaptic to remove flash then reinstall it from synaptic.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

The problem may also be that flash-aid tries to install the beta version of flash by default. On my hardware the beta version will not work at the present time, though it always has in the past. I have got everything working by asking flash-aid to install the flash version from the ubuntu repos.

It took me quite a while to figure out, and the problem coincided with me installing get-iplayer 2.80 from a ppa, making me think that this version of get-iplayer was causing the flash failure, which I don't think was so.

Beans

The Flash-Aid developer's website domain lapsed a few days ago, which caused the add-on to became temporarily useless since it has to phone home for update checks.

The site appears to be back up and all should be well now, however.