Hi everyone,

I'm back with another help request for setting up my media server....

Everything is ALMOST perfect....video and audio is worked out and running Ubuntu 11.10 and loving it....

Using an older Sony Bravia KLV S10A, which has an HDMI input but does not want a PC connected to it. Instead the instructions say to use the RGB inputs.... lame.

FINAL ISSUE:
The clock display shows up, the screen res "P720" label pops up and the input mode "VIDEO 5" displays, when I open a new window. They all turn off in a few seconds. But when I open a window to navigate the desktop, that damned "Video 5" pops up and doesn't go away until I've closed the window.

When I watch a Movie, they all turn off. I suspect that the TV is detecting the changes in the video data and making assumptions about what has happened.

I thin there might be a way to fool the TV into not ever displaying the banners, by having a light weight program run in the background which sends some data which tricks the TV but does not show t othe human eye. Then , with some logic , prevent the script from running during movie playback if that's a problem.My last problem is this. The TV displays the input mode as "Video 5" in the upper left corner. This label
turns off when I close the active window and comes on again when a window opens...

Any idea s ...?

Thanks again !
wbg