Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SF tv series/miniseries from 2000's ?

Beans

Re: SF tv series/miniseries from 2000's ?

Quote Originally Posted by jjex22 View Post
    Also from the BBC - Outcasts; really did get into this one... however once again it's been cancelled! this is a real problem with the bbc, despite putting it's shows out all over the world, it is only domestic, at time of broadcast ratings that will save a show, presumably as part of their endless war with the utterly un-watchable ITV (well since they put all their crime dramas on ITV 3) definitely a philosophy that needs to move forward in the times of Iplayer just for starters - outcasts seemed to be constantly in the most popular list?
    People from the US, which is a big market, generally don't take to well to UK based TV shows. It even happens here but to a a lesser degree. I on the other hand love their stuff.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon08 View Post
    Thanks for all the recommendations but I was asking for shows which have been created after 2000.
    Any specific reason you are excluding potentially good shows prior to 2000?

Just wondering as I still think Babylon 5 was one of the best shows ever.

This list might help http://scifilists.sffjazz.com/lists_tv.html
    Last edited by mips; November 15th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon08 View Post
    Thanks for all the recommendations but I was asking for shows which have been created after 2000.
    I'll give Dark Angel and Stargate a try.
    Why'd you list X Files, then?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    People from the US, which is a big market, generally don't take to well to UK based TV shows. It even happens here but to a a lesser degree. I on the other hand love their stuff.
    They have started to learn... ish for example torchwood we were discussing before - seems like the americans like series 3 and 4 that were made with bbc america and fox respectively - I personally don't hold any gripes there, if it works it works!

I was referring to the bbc's attitude towards cancelling shows - they cancelled outcasts the day after the final episode, 2 months before it went global and while it was still in most popular in Iplayer. I can't see why you'd cancel it before you knew how it'd go down - cancel it three months later, no one will notice if series 2 aired 3 months late - bbc broadcast schedules are confusing at best!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

There is also "Andromeda" where Captain Dylan Hunt wakes up after 200 years still committed to the commonwealth. Or something like that! It's a Roddenberry type production that some people might enjoy. Rommy is pretty hot, and so is the empath.

Beans

Oh SF tv series !!! love it...im a fanatic !! I can watch it all night and day...hahahah
    but I love the TV series today than before....

Vampire diaries
    TeenWolf
    Supernatural
    Secret Circle

I think walking dead is also good !!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234