Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SF tv series/miniseries from 2000's ?

Beans

Re: SF tv series/miniseries from 2000's ?

Quote Originally Posted by BSG Fan View Post
    The Event
    Terranova
    The Walking Dead
    I've been following Terranova in hopes that it'll eventually get good but so far it has failed me. I'll check out The Walking Dead; have been hearing good things about this one. Seeing as the event has been cancelled, does it resolve the plotline by the end?

Quote Originally Posted by jjex22 View Post
    +1 on Stargate Atlantis - I was a massive Stargate fan, but now actually prefer Atlantis!

Not even a little bit in the same vein I've just finished watching the latest Misfits, so I'm going to throw it in - it's technically sci-fi, but may well not be your kind of thing - it's kind of marmite.

I was also quite a fan of V and Heroes, though I only saw the first 2 series of that one!
    Which seasons of Heroes should I watch?

Quote Originally Posted by drawkcab View Post
    The last two seasons of Torchwood are worth checking out. Star Trek Enterprise is pretty good actually.
    I'm actually watching Miracle Day atm. Although not as good as Children of Earth, it still is better than the first two seasons.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by drawkcab View Post
    The last two seasons of Torchwood are worth checking out.
    Did you not like the first or second? (DW not trolling, just interested) It was quite a while ago but I do remember being really into it - doctor who after the watershed ... Also I'm adding Doctor who - any series since 2005!) and i thought they had quite a few quirky episodes, definitely worth a watch.

It actually took me a lot longer to get into the fourth series and I had to watch it again on IPlayer to fully appreciate it. You do need to see at least series 3 (Children of Earth) to appreciate series four, and obviously it's best to watch all the way through, though I will admit there is a big difference between the first two and the last two , with the latest series (Miracle day) finally breaking away completely from the British doctor who model of episodes, for a more US linear story with sub plots, but it does add something fresh, keeps it from stagnating i found.

Beans

Might have already been mentioned, but Threshold was an absolute corker.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sadly, I wanted to contribute to this thread but could not think of a single good 2000s science fiction TV series. I hear good things about Torchwood but I couldn't really get into it. I do, however, like the modern Dr Who; it's very very different. Crazy, wacky and just a little bit scary.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

With regards to Heroes, I was massive fan of Series one and two, I can't testify to four as I'd given up on it by the end of three, so if like me, you may well want to stop at two, but if you do get into it then keep going, I just found it got a bit samey after the second series, and Even though I finished the third, I wasn't really enjoying it any more.

Beans

It may have started in the late 90s but it ran into the 00s so it counts. I liked the concept of 7 Days where they could jump back in time exactly seven days to prevent crimes/attacks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgoode83 View Post
    It may have started in the late 90s but it ran into the 00s so it counts. I liked the concept of 7 Days where they could jump back in time exactly seven days to prevent crimes/attacks.
    7 days was actually pretty good considering they didn't put that much into the series.

Beans
    Distro

Did you not like the first or second? (DW not trolling, just interested) It was quite a while ago but I do remember being really into it -
    [...]
    It with the latest series (Miracle day) finally breaking away completely from the British doctor who model of episodes, for a more US linear story with sub plots, but it does add something fresh, keeps it from stagnating i found.
    I didn't like season 1 & 2 as much although I enjoyed some of the characters, especially the doctor. In general I respect the Dr. Who franchise but I'm not a fan myself so moving away from that model is a good thing.

Beans
    Distro

With regards to Heroes, I was massive fan of Series one and two, I can't testify to four as I'd given up on it by the end of three, so if like me, you may well want to stop at two, but if you do get into it then keep going, I just found it got a bit samey after the second series, and Even though I finished the third, I wasn't really enjoying it any more.
    Heroes just really goes downhill after season 1. Very disappointing as that show had a lot of potential which was obviously squandered.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon08 View Post
    I've been following Terranova in hopes that it'll eventually get good but so far it has failed me.
    Terranova and Falling Skies come off as family entertainment. I can't say how much I miss BSG and a lot of that has to do with the fact that the show was written for adults with more than a dozen brain cells.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast