Hi All!

Not sure if this is the best forum for this. If not, please move it appropriately.

I have a dedicated torrent server running Ubuntu and rTorrent 0.8.7. I recently upgraded to Oneiric, and have been having some very strange problems with my internet ever since. When I first boot the server, everything works fine: I'm able to ping sites, run traceroutes, and such. After starting rTorrent, none of my torrents can access their trackers (this was what first notified me of the problem). In addition, I'm no longer able to ping any sites. I can still access the web in my browser, but it seems that all terminal-based web access stops working. Even after closing rTorrent, the problem won't go away until I reboot.
I've tried numerous tweaks to my rTorrent settings, but I'm becoming convinced that this is more an issue with the OS than with rTorrent. I've found lots of forum posts about internet problems since the upgrade, but haven't found any helpful advice.

I'm sure there are some relevant terminal outputs I could post, but I'm not even sure where to start with this one! Any help would be greatly appreciated!