Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Commodore OS

Beans

Re: Commodore OS

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Well bu99er my taytors !!

Small world mate.

Yay .. The Amiga crew finding it's way over here hehe.

Actually I may have more posts than you here but iirc it was you (or Stan) that helped me out when I first installed Debian on my AmigaOne ?

LOOK WOT U DID !!

hehe
    Haha, yes it is! I'm STILL wanting to come over for a few ales - fresh from the tap, UK style

My brother was always the more technical one than me. If I gave you two pointers, he gave you 200!

I've only just gotten back into Linux (at his behest ), can't believe I had dropped it entirely past few years. Beautiful OS. Tried getting back into Amiga this year, but OS is too flakey, unfortunately. When my brother comes back down in a couple of weeks, he wants to install Debian on the A4000. Hope it's a successful install!

The family well?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

The family well ?
    Yes thanks although one of my daughters has flown the coop !!

I'd love the new X1000 but just can't justify the tremendous cost. The PA Semi cpu is no slouch though.

Who knows. Another couple of years and maybe we can have another Big Bash. Would be great to see you two here for that... & British Ales.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Yes thanks although one of my daughters has flown the coop !!

I'd love the new X1000 but just can't justify the tremendous cost. The PA Semi cpu is no slouch though.

Who knows. Another couple of years and maybe we can have another Big Bash. Would be great to see you two here for that... & British Ales.

I remember when had moved out. Married?

I'm a nutter for new hardware (gonna be building a server in a couple of weeks, Xeon stuff), but even for me, the X1000 is just waaaaay to expensive, like Amiga 3000T too expensive. The other thing, I just don't see the software out there, to justify the exorbitant pricing. Most unfortunate. But kudos to Trevor for the deal on the ATi drivers.

Haha, Big Bash. We were always jelly that we were never there for that! Large quantities of the Amber Liquid to be had if and when!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456