Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Asset (isometric assassination/stealth game)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hidden Asset (isometric assassination/stealth game) ALPHA TESTERS WANTED!

Subscribe to the mailing list if you want to be sure to know about game/demo releases or future Kickstarter campaigns!

-----

Original first post:

I've been working on this game for a good year now, and writing a few blog entries and making some development videos now and again. My latest video has a minor shout-out to Ubuntu, so I thought I'd post a link to it here.

The game is being made for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

About the game (copy-pasted from my site):

Hostile Takeover is Laserbrain Studio’s first commercial game. It takes place in a not-too-distant future devastated by a global economic crisis. In a desperate attempt to counteract this crisis, the world’s governments agreed to grant all large corporations immunity from prosecution. This was meant to free corporations from the oppressions of control and legislation but instead cast the global business world into deadly conflicts. Now, no longer inhibited by law, corporations wage war. And within this new world, a new occupation has seen the light of day: corporate assassin.

You are such an assassin. Working for whoever hires you. Killing whoever they tell you to. You will infiltrate businesses. Shoot up offices. Assassinate CEOs. No mercy. No doubts. It’s all just business.

Presented in a third-person isometric perspective, Hostile Takeover will be a throwback to classics like Fallout, X-COM and Syndicate. You will control your character in a real-time environment, sneaking around corporate buildings and avoiding security guards before dealing a final deadly blow to your target. As you progress through the game, new equipment will be purchasable for the money you make.

Hostile Takeover is currently in development. It will be available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. No release date has been set, but you can follow the game’s development on our blog.
    Last edited by Christian Knudsen; May 18th, 2016 at 09:38 PM.
    Laserbrain Studios - Currently developing Hidden Asset!
    Ascii Sector - Real-time roguelike in space!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Hostile Takeover (isometric assassination/stealth game)

THis looks very exciting. I was a huge fan of both Syndicate and still consider XCOM the best game ever made.

Definately looking forward to this.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

That's pretty cool, Christian Knudsen.

I love the music, and the gameplay looks good.

Is the view angle change intentional?

I'm referring, to the elevator sequences.

The up elevator, is from one view, and the down elevator, is another view.
    Last edited by hansdown; November 13th, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hansdown View Post
    Is the view angle change intentional?
    Yep, I'm rotating the map manually just to show that it can be rotated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Loving the game! Loving the art style!

Can't wait to see how this progresses!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks! I'll be sure to crosspost my blogposts to this thread from now on.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Interface pretty much done
    December 1st

In between moving from our small two room apartment in Copenhagen to a larger and (almost) brand new three room apartment outside of Copenhagen, I've had a little time to finish up the interface for Hostile Takeover. Have a look see:

Starting in the upper left corner and going around clockwise, we first have the minimap with a simple outline of buildings and areas color coded green, yellow or red to show how restricted they are. There's also buttons for rotating the map (and game world view) as well as for toggling on/off whether or not to keep the view centered on the player. You'll also be able to drag the minimap around to examine the game world.

Next is the combat mode button and then the stats display. From top to button the stats are: Noise, Health and Suspicion. There are two noise bars; one showing the environment/background noise and one showing the noise you're generating. If your noise level is below the environment's, NPCs won't hear you. The health bar is pretty self-explanatory with the character outline showing damage to specific body parts. Finally, the suspicion bar goes from 0 to 100 percent and shows how much attention you've drawn to yourself during a mission. That percentage will be deducted from your payout for completing the mission, so 50% suspicion raised during a mission means you'll only get half pay.

We then have the movement buttons, which from top to bottom are: Kneel, Sneak, Walk and Run. Again, pretty self-explanatory, but damage to your legs will render movement options unselectable. I'm thinking 33% damage will remove run and 66% walk, or something to that effect.

I'm playing around with blood splatters on the buttons to show when an option cannot be selected because of damage. This will also work with damage to your arms. There'll be blood splatters on the equipped item boxes, aiming will be more difficult and melee attacks will fail more often when your arms are damaged. I'll slap up a screenshot when I have these blood splatters working properly.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

There are some very good details.

It's looking great,Christian Knudsen.
    I learn something ubuntu everyday.
    dell precision T7500 1Tb hdd x 2
    2.67 Ghz intel xeon X5550 cpu
    nvidia quadro fx 4800-1.5 Gb video card

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Somehow this remind me of an old DOS game "Covert Action" by Microprose. I love it how you have to "hack" computer terminal to break the code, wiretapping to gain intelligence material and so on.

Found videos about it in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTfpIo-eq4

Anyway, I'm looking forward for this game. It's a fresh breeze considering the number of FPS games we have now...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Red face Re: Hostile Takeover (isometric assassination/stealth game)

Quote Originally Posted by ShodanjoDM View Post
    Somehow this remind me of an old DOS game "Covert Action" by Microprose. I love it how you have to "hack" computer terminal to break the code, wiretapping to gain intelligence material and so on.

Found videos about it in youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoTfpIo-eq4

Anyway, I'm looking forward for this game. It's a fresh breeze considering the number of FPS games we have now...
    I heard THAT. FPS games must be pretty easy to program, considering the embarrassment of riches we have in that genre. RTS games are apparently the hardest to program; at least we have the Gaming Goodness of Warzone 2100!

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast