Thread: Wacom cursor jumps to sides in gimp

Beans

Wacom cursor jumps to sides in gimp

Since upgrading to 11.10 I've had problems using my Bamboo pen & touch in gimp.
    When drawing it jumps to the sides creating lines across the page like in the screenshot attached.
    I have an older bamboo pen as well that I tested the problem with and it gave the same result. I've also done a clean install and tried it in unity, gnome and classic gnome.
    I used to get the same problem in Pencil but never used it on ubuntu enough for it to bother me so I didn't think much of it until it started to effect gimp.
    The only way I've found to get around this is to switch the tracking mode from tablet(absolute) to touchpad(relative) from the graphic tablets menu but it's not very good for painting and makes it lag more.
    Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom cursor jumps to sides in gimp

Hi Lamoth,

Welcome to the Ubuntu forums!

You are not alone. Everyone with a tablet is experiencing the Gimp "history buffer bug". See this Launchpad bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...mp/+bug/863154

Beans

Re: Wacom cursor jumps to sides in gimp

I'll have a read through that and see if it get's me anywhere, glad to see it's not just me.
    Thanks!