Thread: How to remove the evidence--of my on line activity's?

Beans

How to remove the evidence--of my on line activity's?

Hello All--

I would like to run command such as...
    Code:
     rm -r /tmp/*
    ...to remove temporary Internet files and other such evidence of, what site I have visited and just general clean up any recored of my on line activities. I am aware of the tool 'Clear Private Data'-in Firefox, however, this is not all that should be done[?] what else can I do to remove the evidence--of my on line activity's?

Thanks

Code:
    lsb_release -a 
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description:    Ubuntu 6.06.2 LTS
    Release:        6.06
    Codename:       dapper

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: How to remove the evidence--of my on line activity's?

Restarting our powering off your computer will delete everything from RAM, because RAM is volatile. That, in combination with the 'clear private data' options in good browsers, should be all you need on your end. You can secure the data you transmit by connecting via encrypted methods, like SSH. HTTPS Everywhere by the EFF is a good resource to check out. Finally, you can obscure the source and destination of your traffic by using the Tor network.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

dfarrel07 really did explain all that should be done for browsing anonymously, but as a quick reminder/tip if you dont already know, when downloading TOR be sure to download the full package, and not just the browser, this will ensure to most privacy that TOR can provide, do not though become to pompous about browsing with TOR, as you can still be found
    have fun browsing

btw TOR stops many features such as java script and flash, so dot not expect to get the full function of many web pages or play any games
    If at first you don't succeed, try until you bleed

Beans
    Hidden!

Back to sleep, old thread that relates to a version of Ubuntu that past its end of life.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog