Thread: having some problem when using office

Beans

having some problem when using office

hai..

i am a new user of ubuntu (just install yesterday) and i dont know much how to use it especially when using this LibreOffice.
    the major problem that i notice when using this LibreOffice is when i open my old file (etc powerpoint slide in pptx format in LibreOffice Impress), it doesnt show exactly like it shown in powerpoint (some of sentences or picture did not in order like in powerpoint) and it make my slide look disorder.

so, i just want to know am i making any mistake when using this LibreOffice and can anyone tell me the right way to use it because most of my friends presentations using microsoft office..

THANK YOU..

Beans

Re: having some problem when using office

LibreOffice has problems handling the new XML (docx, pptx) formats that Microsoft introduced with Office 2007. Sorry, but the only software that handles them properly is Microsoft Office.
    Ubuntu 15.04 Mate, Mint 17.1; MS Win 8.1, Win10 TP.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by ayie shah View Post
    hai..

i am a new user of ubuntu (just install yesterday) and i dont know much how to use it especially when using this LibreOffice.
    the major problem that i notice when using this LibreOffice is when i open my old file (etc powerpoint slide in pptx format in LibreOffice Impress), it doesnt show exactly like it shown in powerpoint (some of sentences or picture did not in order like in powerpoint) and it make my slide look disorder.

so, i just want to know am i making any mistake when using this LibreOffice and can anyone tell me the right way to use it because most of my friends presentations using microsoft office..

THANK YOU..
    I am not sure if that is the cause. Maybe if you installed the Microsoft fonts thing will get in the right layout. Copy your Windows font folder and past it to your home folder, name it .fonts, that way many layout problems between MSOffice and OpenOffice/Libreroffice can be prevented.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What machine will you use to make the presentation? If you use a Ubuntu machine to present a presentation made in Libreoffice then everything will display as you wish it to.

You will not be able to use a Windows machine to present a Libreoffice presentation as Microsoft Powerpoint may not display it correctly. Your friends could not use your Ubuntu machine to make their Powerpoint presentations for the reasons you have mentioned.

This situation exists because Microsoft insists on developing its own file formats instead of using open formats.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530