Thread: I love Dapper Live!

Beans

I love Dapper Live!

I am posting this from the live mode of the dapper install disc (using wireless internet!). Everything works wonderfully. I am very pleased with it. I especially liked the video clip in the examples folder on the desktop which has Nelson Mandela talking about the meaning of ubuntu. Though the music was kinda corny, it gave a nice impression.

A wonderful job was done with this, and it's awesome to have a fully functional desktop without doing ANYTHING. The only thing it is missing is 3-d acceleration, which I KNOW is possible with a live cd because of the xgl demo live cd that came out a while back.

I have tested out a lot of live cd's and this one is really top notch. Good job, guys. Wow. I can really carry my ubuntu cd around with confidence, ready to give a demo to whomever might be curious, with the ability to launch a nice easy install if need be.

If anyone else has thoughts about this, post away! I'd be interested to see what YOU thought about the live mode in dapper, and how it compares to previous incarnations and various other live cd's.
    Last edited by Arktis; June 3rd, 2006 at 06:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: I love Dapper Live!

I liked it very much.
    I thought the Fedora installer was good but this just kicks a**!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: I love Dapper Live!

It is good isn't it? I even gave mine to my friend yesterday!
    "The greatest purveyor of violence in the world today is my own government, for the sake of the hundreds of thousands trembling under our violence... I cannot remain silent." - Martin Luther King Jr.