Hi guys,
I have two Ubuntu machines both running Oneiric. Both have dual screens although one has a pair of 22" and the other a pair of 24" with different resolutions
I am trying to get a remote session from my 22" client to my 24" server.
I used the inbuilt remote desktop and got a session running but...
the software on the remote machine loads up at the resolution of the host machine which then displays on my client machine but chops off the bottom of the screen because of the resolution difference.
I have been able to do a number of things but the program I need to run has a number of buttons at the bottom of the screen which are not visible and not accessible on my 22" monitor. Other than that it fits in the windows OK in full screen mode.
I tried Remmina as promoted by others and things got even worse. Again I could get a session. The bottom of the screen was still chopped off but when I tried full screen mode it tried to fit both of my remote host 24" monitors on to a single 22" client monitor. That was so compressed as to be unusable.
If any body can help find a solution in either client programs I would be grateful. In the meantime I will just have to freeze my n..s off by sitting in the garage in the middle of the night.