Thread: Writing to drive over network slow after upgrade to 11.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Writing to drive over network slow after upgrade to 11.10

I have a bit of an issue after upgrading to 11.10 yesterday -- when I try and write to my eSATA drive from my laptop over the network, I'm only getting data transfer rates of about 60KB/sec.

Desktop computer with the eSATA drive attached is running 64-bit 11.10 and my laptop is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; eSATA is formatted in NTFS, and is mounted via FSTAB at boot.

Desktop is hardwired to my Airport Extreme router via gigabit port, laptop is wireless-N getting about a 270Meg/sec connection rate; I rebooted the router just in case and both computers have also been rebooted, but no change in data transfer rates.

Before the upgrade, the desktop was running 11.04 and my data transfer rates were working just fine when writing files from the laptop over the network to the eSATA drive. I tried searching with a couple different phrases, but nothing has seemed to come up about this issue, so hopefully someone can lend a hand here (would be greatly appreciated!). Thanks in advance guys!

/r,
    - Justin
    - Justin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Writing to drive over network slow after upgrade to 11.10

Bump -- Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...?
    - Justin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Writing to drive over network slow after upgrade to 11.10

Really? Nobody has any input on this...?
    - Justin