Thread: where is the archive for old releases?

Beans

where is the archive for old releases?

Where is the archive of old packages repository for old versions? I though it was at old-releases.ubuntu.com, but that seems to have only a partial copy of karmic. I also search for setup instructions for doing this, which were not found. So I just tried it with like paths and stuff is missing. Maybe the cause it it should be somewhere else?
    Wanted: Linux supported HD-SDI capture card to I-Frame-Only MP4 or VP8

Beans

Re: where is the archive for old releases?

There is no greater religion than a truth.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zvacet View Post
    Looks like they have funny names. They use "archive" for current, and "old-releases" for archive. OK. Now they need a document to best describe how to update the sources.list to work with the archive ... err "old-releases" so you can transition to being able to upgrade. I think I got it figured out as was able to re-install some packages that I had to temporarily uninstall to fix other package issues.
    Wanted: Linux supported HD-SDI capture card to I-Frame-Only MP4 or VP8

Beans

Why you want to keep not supported ubuntu version?Isn´t it easier to upgrade to supported version.I don´t know witch version do you run but if you can ( and want to) upgrade to 10.04 because it is LongTermSupport version.In April next year Ubuntu will have another LTS release.
    There is no greater religion than a truth.