Thread: MultiBoot Live USB can't actually boot the OS's on the flash drive

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question MultiBoot Live USB can't actually boot the OS's on the flash drive

MultiBoot Live USB can't actually boot the OS's on the flash drive.

Hello, I'm in Mint and well I wanted to have multiple live OS's on my 8GB flash drive that I could plug into any PC and use (going through the boot options of course) and I thought I came across something that could do that seen here:

Code:
    http://liveusb.info/dotclear/index.php?
    The application installed fine (a tad fiddly maybe). All MultiBoot live appears to have done is copy the extracted distro's/OS's (.iso's) to the flash drive and also created a boot directory.

Now the problem is when I reboot and select boot from USB nothing happens, it doesn't load to a boot menu (like it would if I say used uNETbootin) I was expecting to see Multiboot USB's version of Grub2 with a choice of the two distro's/OS's that were copied to the flash drive.

OK any help or an alternative method in which I can boot multiple OS's (live distro's) from USB would be appreciated, I'll upload screenshots if needed.

Please Reply ASAP!

- regards

- Mi11z.
    Last edited by Perfect Storm; November 8th, 2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: added prefix
    Windows is my Secretary | OSX is my Girlfriend | GNU/Linux is my Wife - It's as simple as traffic lights! ;D