Thread: clean install of 11.10 makes me... tired.

Beans

clean install of 11.10 makes me... tired.

I looked unsuccessfully for an "install experiences" thread. Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I am a longtime ubuntu user and even longer-time Unix user. I'm just getting old and tired, I guess.

I wiped the long-standing 10.10 off my optiplex 760 and did a clean install of 11.10. An hour of banging my head against radeon driver issues finally got me an unmirrored display, and installing the ubuntu classic desktop got me over the disgust at Unity; I seem to now have context menus in firefox working, but I still have no audio, I'm missing a lot of tools I've come to expect, and I wish I had backed-up the 10.10 instance.

I will eventually beat this into something usable. I think I've got just enough geek left in me to go through this one more time before I make one of the web os'es my daily driver. But, I shouldn't have to. This should be a mature OS by now.

I'm not asking anyone to fix anything, I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: clean install of 11.10 makes me... tired.

I hope that you feel better after this little venting. There is in fact a better place for venting, Ubuntu Testimonials & Experiences. Good luck further.
    /24.04

Beans
    Hidden!

Cheer up! There is a solution for everything. The problems you have I'm sure they are coming from a failed installation. If you started bad, continues worst. If you have time and good mood, you should try to reinstall the system, once more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by arinekhen View Post

I'm not asking anyone to fix anything, I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks.
    What makes you think this is a venting forum?

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions.

Beans

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.