Thread: Stuck in Party Mode

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Stuck in Party Mode

I decided to try Rhythmbox's Party Mode to see what that was all about. Now I am stuck there. The Top Line/Integrated menus do not appear like normal, and all the advice I can find online tells me to turn it off in the menus. I can stop and switch away from RB, but when I open it again I am still in party mode. Is there a magic key combo or something? I am trapped!
    I'm just a monkey with a keyboard.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Stuck in Party Mode

I figured it out. I rebooted. Selecting Shutdown in the usual way just put me back into RB. I had to hit the power button to get a shutdown menu that worked. When I started RB again, it was out of Party Mode, I was able to get at the menus and see that F11 was the key for toggle key for Party mode.
    I'm just a monkey with a keyboard.

Beans

Wink Re: Stuck in Party Mode

Thanks alot bru, this just happened to me helped alot

Beans

I found this to be a problem when just listening to the radio on RB.

So click anywhere on RB to make it the active window. Look for its menu's in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Under 'Music' select 'Quit' and you're done.

For me, even though I closed RB, the music played on.

Beans

The secret is the F11 key. It will toggle you between Party Mode and normal mode.

Beans

I just got into the same predicament by pretty much the same method. Though I'd give it a try then couldn't find a way out... What's worse I was in the middle of running some processing that required the box to be switched on.

It would really help if they added a button to get out of this. I had a real hard time getting Firefox to open so that I could find this post.

Beans

I believe this is a really bad behavior. I got trapped into party mode too and found no way out. At least chrome was open and I could find this post. IMHO, they could use ESC as a more intuitive way of leaving party mode, rather than F11.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Me too. Just started using 12.10 and, well, got curious about what party mode would be. Some party. The best I could do was quickly launching firefox when the side bar thing appeared. Then I came here.

To be honest, I was trying just about anything I thought would work and never saw the menu appear.

Thanks Ubuntu Forums, for being a great resource for those stuck in party mode.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by John Peschken View Post
    I figured it out. I rebooted. Selecting Shutdown in the usual way just put me back into RB. I had to hit the power button to get a shutdown menu that worked. When I started RB again, it was out of Party Mode, I was able to get at the menus and see that F11 was the key for toggle key for Party mode.
    Thanks shortcuts are here: http://help.gnome.org/users/rhythmbo...rtcuts.html.en

Beans

Not a bad problem to have I dare say
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.