Thread: Cannot complete update on Natty

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Cannot complete update on Natty

I have a laptop with 11.04 natty installed and update manager popped u saying that i have updates to install. when i try to download them it says that some files could not be fetched and that oneiric ocelot!!!! cd is required. so i downloaded it and inserted in the cd-rom and tried to perform update again and it failed with the same result. here is also the terminal output:

Need to get 0 B/11.5 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 69.6 kB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    Err cdrom://Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_ - Release i386 (20111012)/ oneiric/main patch i386 2.6.1-2
    Unable to stat the mount point /media/Ubuntu\04011.10\040i386/ - stat (2: No such file or directory)
    Failed to fetch cdrom:[Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_ - Release i386 (20111012)]/pool/main/p/patch/patch_2.6.1-2_i386.deb Unable to stat the mount point /media/Ubuntu\04011.10\040i386/ - stat (2: No such file or directory)
    E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

--fix-missing didn't work too. i also noticed that in Synaptic i cannot remove any packages, the "apply" button is grey. but there is no problem to install. please help!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Cannot complete update on Natty

Open "Update Manager", then click the Settings button. When the setting window opens, select the "Ubuntu Software" tab. There should be a check-box for the Cdrom; uncheck the check-box. Then try to update again.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Cannot complete update on Natty

thanks a lot i already did something similar to what u explained here. actually i messed up things when i aborted upgrade to oneiric. this way the oneiric cd left in the sources.list