Thread: Touchpad Stops Working suddenly

Beans

Re: Touchpad Stops Working suddenly

Code:
    synclient TouchpadOff=0
    worked for me , thanks alot.

Beans

Is there an actual fix for this or do we just need to keep using the work around? Can anyone report on how long this stays fixed? My touchpad has been consistently freezing after executing a command in gnome do, right after launch. I don't want to keep having to use my windows partition just because of this.

Beans

Still looking for an actual fix for this. Touchpad shuts off suddenly a few minutes after boot. It used to occur daily, recently it's once every other week or so (maybe once every 20 boots). I've been using the Synclient TouchpadOff=0 fix as a temporary fix, but I'd like to know if anyone found a more permanent solution.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mattgif View Post
    Still looking for an actual fix for this. Touchpad shuts off suddenly a few minutes after boot. It used to occur daily, recently it's once every other week or so (maybe once every 20 boots). I've been using the Synclient TouchpadOff=0 fix as a temporary fix, but I'd like to know if anyone found a more permanent solution.
    It would be better to start a new thread on this subject...
    Have you tried making a script with the necessary synclient commands and having it run at startup?
    I'm using Fedora 16 LXDE spin on my netbook, and I had the problem of tap to click and scrolling being turned off. Writing a startup script fixed it beautifully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12