Thread: Nautilus in 11.04 Gnome - slow, different from typical complaints

Beans

Nautilus in 11.04 Gnome - slow, different from typical complaints

When I'm opening a file, Nautilus opens right away, but the 'Opening ...' dialogue at the bottom of the screen stays their for 17 (I counted) seconds. (photo enlarges)

I can still use nautilus right away, and don't have any problems with the speed of navigating, but the cursor stays in 'busy' mode for the 17 seconds, until the 'opening ...' button goes away. The thing is, this is a very recent development. Possibly compiz or readahead (the only two things I have changed since this happened). This only happens though if I open a folder through the places menu, and only if it's one of the nautilus bookmarks (Like home, pictures, etc). If I launch nautilus through the terminal, through Applications > Accessories > Nautilus, or even the Computer or Network button under the places menu, it starts immediately without that delay.

Another odd thing is, while the cursor is on the busy mode, if you take a screenshot while it's doing that, the screenshot shows that it is a regular mouse cursor.

Any clues?
    Last edited by Man From Dirt; November 6th, 2011 at 01:07 AM.

Beans

Re: Nautilus in 11.04 Gnome - slow, different from typical complaints

bumpity bump?