Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTK3 Themes?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: GTK3 Themes?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    That depends on the time and effort put into them as with GTK 2 . Theme preference is very subjective . There are many themes that are very popular that I find just awful . The dedicated people who are putting their own time and effort into creating themes are not getting paid . I don't expect same quality as companies with art and design departments .
    I see what your saying about art and design departments but I have seen a lot of themes on deviant art for windows 7 that are far better than the default. Of course it's subjective but something seems different, more polished.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I used shiki-brave for the longest time so I hope it gets a port to GTK3. For now I am using greybird with the shiki brave window boarders for Xfwm.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKingpin View Post
    I used shiki-brave for the longest time so I hope it gets a port to GTK3. For now I am using greybird with the shiki brave window boarders for Xfwm.
    These are based on Shiki themes and there are more than the three in the screen shot .The Brave theme is represented .http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=146290
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    These are based on Shiki themes and there are more than the three in the screen shot .The Brave theme is represented .http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=146290
    Nice. Hopefully those get added to the Ubuntu repos at some point.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans

For me all linux distributions have the same problem there all dull and hard to look at.
    I know the KDE looks better but not as functional and still dull window borders.
    Ubuntu is probably the easiest to use but the Orange and Brown is just a turn off.
    Fedora is the next in line for ease of uses the Blue and Black is easier on the eyes but still dull.
    I have been wanting to switch from Windows to Linux for years but the same problem year after year functionality of Linux gets better but the dull hard on the eyes stays the same.
    A lot of users of linux say you can customize Linux all you want well I guess you can .
    I tried to create a theme under GTK2 once what a night mare just took up to much time and I got so frustrated that I just scraped the OS and went back to Windows.
    I have yet to find a decent theme.
    All I am looking for is a simple way to make task bars semi transparent and window borders semi transparent.
    I have been able to make the task bar semi transparent but the window borders for get it crash the OS every time.
    I guess that is one thing I like about Windows 7 all you have to do is enable Aero and wala you have semi transparent task bar and semi transparent window borders and every time the background changes you have a new theme does not get boring.
    Now I am not saying make Ubuntu look like Windows.
    Right now I have Ubuntu 12.04 installed on another hard drive been playing with it for about a week now crashed it 5 times reloaded it 4 times just trying to make it look better.
    I am back to the dull hard on the eyes Brown and Orange.
    Now this is just one mans opinion

Beans

I like the Greybird theme,

http://shimmerproject.org/project/greybird/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Wow. A year ago, I commented that it's just a matter of time, that we'd start seeing some more theme options for GTK3. And right now, I'm using Adwaita. (Which, don't get me wrong, is quite nice.)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OldTimmer View Post
    For me all linux distributions have the same problem there all dull and hard to look at.
    I know the KDE looks better but not as functional and still dull window borders.
    Ubuntu is probably the easiest to use but the Orange and Brown is just a turn off.
    Fedora is the next in line for ease of uses the Blue and Black is easier on the eyes but still dull.
    I have been wanting to switch from Windows to Linux for years but the same problem year after year functionality of Linux gets better but the dull hard on the eyes stays the same.
    A lot of users of linux say you can customize Linux all you want well I guess you can .
    I tried to create a theme under GTK2 once what a night mare just took up to much time and I got so frustrated that I just scraped the OS and went back to Windows.
    I have yet to find a decent theme.
    All I am looking for is a simple way to make task bars semi transparent and window borders semi transparent.
    I have been able to make the task bar semi transparent but the window borders for get it crash the OS every time.
    I guess that is one thing I like about Windows 7 all you have to do is enable Aero and wala you have semi transparent task bar and semi transparent window borders and every time the background changes you have a new theme does not get boring.
    Now I am not saying make Ubuntu look like Windows.
    Right now I have Ubuntu 12.04 installed on another hard drive been playing with it for about a week now crashed it 5 times reloaded it 4 times just trying to make it look better.
    I am back to the dull hard on the eyes Brown and Orange.
    Now this is just one mans opinion
    I have to eat my words some what.
    I tried Kubuntu 12.10 and now have things set up the way I like it.
    Semitransparent task bar and semitransparent window borders.
    Still do not like the looks of Ubuntu.
    Way to go Kubuntu team looks and functionality.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

I still want something like Aero to be made for Linux/Ubuntu (Aero's ability to make ANY part of the window transparent, not all or nothing like Compiz, is awesome)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Not useful now, but did you ever play with the RGBA Murrine themes? Like this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12