Thread: Please hide profile info for us with < 50 posts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Please hide profile info for us with < 50 posts

Hello,

I have been hit by the < 50 posts rule, since I have only posted 13 times so far. My main contribution in Ubuntu Forums is this tutorial, and since editing the first post there 'does not count', it will likely take quite a while before I reach 50 posts.

When adding stuff yesterday, I thought I'd take the opportunity to change the field with the Ubuntu version I use (from 11.04 to 11.10), but for known reasons I had no success.

I do understand and appreciate that you fight spam, but now it looks like you will display incorrect info about me for a long time, and that is not right! To avoid this consequence I suggest that you simply hide the profile info - except for the name - for those of us who joined before September 2011 and have not yet submited 50 posts.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Please hide profile info for us with < 50 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Hjalmarsson View Post
    Hello,

I have been hit by the < 50 posts rule, since I have only posted 13 times so far. My main contribution in Ubuntu Forums is this tutorial, and since editing the first post there 'does not count', it will likely take quite a while before I reach 50 posts.

When adding stuff yesterday, I thought I'd take the opportunity to change the field with the Ubuntu version I use (from 11.04 to 11.10), but for known reasons I had no success.

I do understand and appreciate that you fight spam, but now it looks like you will display incorrect info about me for a long time, and that is not right! To avoid this consequence I suggest that you simply hide the profile info - except for the name - for those of us who joined before September 2011 and have not yet submited 50 posts.
    Some of these profile fields are custom (such as Ubuntu distro) and display set up in vBulletin templates. I'm sure it is possible to display different templates depending on post count, but I'm not sure I want to fiddle with this
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I've changed your distro for now.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Please hide profile info for us with < 50 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bapoumba View Post
    I've changed your distro for now.
    Thanks! That solves it for me - for now.

I still think you should consider the idea to hide submitted profile info that cannot (easily) be changed due to the < 50 posts rule. Or - even better - how about giving us with < 50 posts a way to hide it ourselves?