Thread: General Thoughts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool General Thoughts

I have been around since the beginning of Ubuntu.

I used to love learning about my computer - why it did this or that - tinker - play with Beryl - fix Beryl - fix video drivers.

Then - I discovered the LTS. What a great concept. I haven't had to tweak of fiddle with it in such a long time.

I discovered that I just wanted the computer to work - to start every morning, let me read the news, check my e-mail and watch funny cats on You Tube.

I am glad that I learned about how to fix Linux if it gave me any problems, but now that I DON"T need to "fix" it - it has become actually very pleasant to use on a daily basis.

I rarely come to the UF anymore to post - and most of those I knew here have left.

But I'll always remember the good times UF.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: General Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by steveneddy View Post
    I have been around since the beginning of Ubuntu.

I used to love learning about my computer - why it did this or that - tinker - play with Beryl - fix Beryl - fix video drivers.

Then - I discovered the LTS. What a great concept. I haven't had to tweak of fiddle with it in such a long time.

I discovered that I just wanted the computer to work - to start every morning, let me read the news, check my e-mail and watch funny cats on You Tube.

I am glad that I learned about how to fix Linux if it gave me any problems, but now that I DON"T need to "fix" it - it has become actually very pleasant to use on a daily basis.

I rarely come to the UF anymore to post - and most of those I knew here have left.

But I'll always remember the good times UF.
    Hey, there are always new friends here that could benefit from your wisdom and I hope that there are many more good times to be had by all

Beans
    Distro

Cool Re: General Thoughts

I'm not leaving - I just don't visit this part of the internet much anymore -

My new wife loves Ubuntu though - we wiped Vista from her lappie months ago and she has never been happier with her PC since.

We love Ubuntu - we just don't tweak and play with it like we used to - it has become unnecessary to do so while using an LTS version of Ubuntu.

The latest things on my to do list are purchasing local music from the local musicians - support YOUR local music scene - so I have been listening to:

Andy Timmons - just cam out with a Sgt Peppers cover album

Buddy Whittington - great Texas rockin' blues

James Hinkle - Dallas transplant that came from Louisiana I believe

Jim Suhler and Monkey Beat - what a partier

I just get it off of iTunes and listen while I drive - great stuff!
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Not found said it well ! I am a fan of Andy Timmons also .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I am a fan of Andy Timmons also .
    Have you heard to Andy Timmons latest CD?

Andy Timmons plays Sgt Peppers - it's a nice little take on Sgt Peppers with a Texas guitar twist. Very nice to listen to.

Andy to me is kind of a cross between Satriani, Eric Johnson, a touch of SRV and a hint of Charlie Sexton-esque Texas rock stuff. Really like the alternate style of playing that Andy delivers.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I know what you mean. In the past I used to build all my machines with Debian from the ground up. I was always left with an awesome and fast system, I just don't have time for that anymore. This is why I switched to Ubuntu (Xubuntu now), things just work out of the box.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Then you can look forward to the next LTS, 12.04 will be supported for five years.
    /24.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It's great if you enjoyed, i had much problems with my GPU and didn't enjoyed I could skip that knowledged.

On other topic, my local scene is not that awesome as yours This is best we have for years http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyCNBx1FIA

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by vicshrike View Post
    Then you can look forward to the next LTS, 12.04 will be supported for five years.
    We installed 12.04 this weekend.

Very nice - and my new band is starting to play a little:

http://www.backtrakmusic.com/