Thread: Stereo via Mono Output (Oneiric Ocelot Specific)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Stereo via Mono Output (Oneiric Ocelot Specific)

There are various answers to this question around the web, but none for Oneiric Ocelot specifically.
    I have a laptop with one mono speaker. Right now, when listening to music/watching movies with on-board sound, only the left channel plays through the mono speaker. How can I make both left and right channels play through the mono speaker?
    This problem does not affect me when HDMI or headphones are plugged in.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Stereo via Mono Output (Oneiric Ocelot Specific)

Whoever marked this thread as solved... it isn't solved! It's a different beast, compared to the older releases, so none of the answers I've found are applicable!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Best solution I can find so far (just got a mono external speaker) is this one. However, I get massive "clipping" at any usable volume, so it's essentially useless. However, there's a media player called potamus which has an option to mix stereo into mono, that might provide you with the best solution in terms of playing audio. Apparently, vlc might also have a similar option.
    Last edited by chmac; December 24th, 2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Missed one link
    Love & joy - Callum

Beans
    Distro

From the Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Thread closed.