Hey all!,

I just recently switched from Windows Vista to Ubuntu. Then I switched from Ubuntu to Lubuntu! I decided to partition my drive so I could have BOTH windows and Lubuntu.... And I gotta say I am loving Lubuntu. It is what Ubuntu was prior to all this latest graphical enhancement slowing stuff...

But I digress. To the topic at hand...

1) I want to know how to hide desktop icons. In ubuntu, all I had to do was hit "Alt+F2" and hit up the "gconf-editor", but that does not work for lubuntu (guessing because it is not gnome).

2)keybinding shortcuts has been a big issue with me here. Normally, for ubuntu you just go to "system" and hit the keyboard shortcuts to customize what you want to. It would have a fairly large list, and you just scrolled through and clicked the command you wanted. After that, you simply touched the keys you would want the shortcut to actually be (instead of what it is) and that was it! I have no idea how to access that (if it is even available) for lubuntu.

Those two are the big gripes that I have. I heard anything could be solved in lubuntu on the forums... Please help!