Thread: Gedit: Scrolling through tabs with mouse wheel not working after upgrade to 11.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Gedit: Scrolling through tabs with mouse wheel not working after upgrade to 11.10

Hi!

I upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 a few days ago, and now there's something wrong with my Gedit text editor.

Since then, the function to scroll through the tabs of open documents with the mouse wheel (while having the cursor over the them) no longer works. I have to go to the little arrows on each side of the tab bar to switch to the ones that aren't visible. Since I use Gedit for web development, I always have many files open at one time, so this is extremely annoying.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Has this feature been removed? If so, is there a plugin that gives me that functionality?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Gedit: Scrolling through tabs with mouse wheel not working after upgrade to 11.10

I don't think that it is the problem associated with Ubuntu 11.10.It may be because of fault with your mouse wheel.Was the upgrading process was successful?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Gedit: Scrolling through tabs with mouse wheel not working after upgrade to 11.10

Quote Originally Posted by community View Post
    I don't think that it is the problem associated with Ubuntu 11.10.It may be because of fault with your mouse wheel.Was the upgrading process was successful?
    The mouse wheel works perfectly with all other applications, so I doubt it's the problem. Plus, it's the same mouse I used before, and it worked.

The update was successful, although I did have a lot of problems with the graphic card's drivers in the beginning. I don't think that could be related though...