Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    10

    Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    There is a problem with http://sourceforge.net/p/retext/home/ReText/ and lubuntu, the toolbar buttons are invisible..


    http://imagebin.ubuntu-gr.org/1320342369.png

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosLinux View Post
    There is a problem with http://sourceforge.net/p/retext/home/ReText/ and lubuntu, the toolbar buttons are invisible..


    http://imagebin.ubuntu-gr.org/1320342369.png
    Hi,

    What is wrong with: http://sourceforge.net/p/retext/home/ReText/

    I couldn't open your image, could you please post it here?




    OR






  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    10

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    this is the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosLinux View Post
    this is the screenshot.



    I see you are running Lubuntu from a Virtual Box.

    Where is the problem? I don't see any problem?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    10

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post



    I see you are running Lubuntu from a Virtual Box.

    Where is the problem? I don't see any problem?
    the toolbar has no icons my dear. Compare with this one
    http://sourceforge.net/p/retext/scre...retext-kde.png

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    Quote Originally Posted by stavrosLinux View Post
    the toolbar has no icons my dear. Compare with this one
    http://sourceforge.net/p/retext/scre...retext-kde.png


    Yes, I see your point.

    Perhaps because you are using a Virtual Box?
    I have Lubuntu installed on Virtual Box so I'll test that and get back to you

    Edit:
    Are you sure you have installed the latest version?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    I'm trying to install it via PPA and oh boy, that program has lots of dependencies :/
    https://launchpad.net/~mitya57/+archive/ppa

    Will keep you updated ... my internet connection isn't fast.
    Last edited by amjjawad; November 5th, 2011 at 02:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText



    Exactly the same problem!
    Icons are invisible and I'm not sure why is that? I got exactly the same as the above Screenshot.

    Never mind, will test that on Lubuntu 11.10 Normal Installation and report back

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    apt-get
    Beans
    4,245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    Ok, I have installed it on Lubuntu 11.10 running from Virtual Box, I have installed it on Lubuntu 11.10 normal installation and I have installed it on a 3rd machine running Lubuntu 11.04 ... I got the same result ... NO icons whatsoever.

    I'm not sure where is the problem? I'm going to do one last (4th test) and install it on Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10, not sure which one I have because I don't use it any more. If the same problem will show up then it's not an OS related issue, it's something wrong with the program.

    Just curious ... what so special about that program?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Beans
    10

    Re: Lubuntu 11.10 and ReText

    Quote Originally Posted by amjjawad View Post
    Ok, I have installed it on Lubuntu 11.10 running from Virtual Box, I have installed it on Lubuntu 11.10 normal installation and I have installed it on a 3rd machine running Lubuntu 11.04 ... I got the same result ... NO icons whatsoever.

    I'm not sure where is the problem? I'm going to do one last (4th test) and install it on Ubuntu 11.04 or 11.10, not sure which one I have because I don't use it any more. If the same problem will show up then it's not an OS related issue, it's something wrong with the program.

    Just curious ... what so special about that program?
    It uses the markdown language, a simplified way of writing text and converting to html

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •