Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FreezyLinux

Beans

Re: FreezyLinux

Quote Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
    Can the desktop environment run with Ubuntu 11.04? I tried a fresh install of Xubuntu 11.10 and it was a disaster, with most of the things that could go wrong going wrong, some of the things that couldn't go wrong going wrong too, and basic functions like turning the malfuctioning touchpad off unavailable.
    Did you have the touchpad issue also with the latest build?
    About 11.04 i'm afraid it could require too much work and adaptation.. if anyone want to help I'll share sources and steps to create the iso.

Beans

New build.
    * added metapackages (freezy-desktop)
    * improved panel appearance
    * reduced iso image size

This image seems quite stable.. if no other issues are present it can be considered final.
    http://www.multiupload.com/AXZUNGMSV9

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Looks good,

I am going to try it in virtual-box. Hopefully it should run with out any issues on Guest additions as i have ad problems running Ubuntu 11.10 with guest additions.

If goes well i might try it on my net-book. Let you know how it goes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I have an old PIII 650MHz with 512 sdram that I am going to build, I'll test your OS and do some work with Precise. I want to see how far back I can get the newer Ubuntu Kernels - to run on that older software - why with a few mods here and there , jump a couple of pins etc.. I might surprise myself !
    Keep us abreast of your findings. I also like to test distros on various equipment. (to say the least)

I'll be trying Freezy soon, look forward to it.

Beans

Added new build, link is in the first post.
    * reduced image size, now is 744mb
    * replaced banshee and mono-libs with rhythmbox

let me know how it works.. almost every modification is packaged in ppa so it will be easy to spread updates among installations.

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I have installed your latest version of Freezy in virtual box and is working perfectly. I have also managed to get the Guest additions installed and working properly.

As i am planning on putting it on my net-book as it collecting dust at the moment so i shall be able to tell you if it works well.

The net-book is Asus eeepc 900 and it runs Ubuntu 11.04 with out any issue so Freezy should be no problem at all.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Beans

This is absolutely gorgeous. It is so gorgeous that I am considering removing LMDE from my old hardware. I'm currently running it in virtualbox, and loving it. I would love it to be more customisable though. For one, I prefer my panel on top. Is there a way to use the GNOME 3 fallback with something other than Metacity maybe?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I installed this in Virtualbox, and although it is still sluggish, it runs better than Ubuntu 11.10 with Unity 3D.

2 Things I would like to see in a future release:
    1. Smaller ISO size.(Under 700MB)
    2. Less Ubuntu branding.

Keep up the good work!
    Say no to Microsoft. Say yes to open source.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbarnes1992 View Post
    I have installed your latest version of Freezy in virtual box and is working perfectly. I have also managed to get the Guest additions installed and working properly.

As i am planning on putting it on my net-book as it collecting dust at the moment so i shall be able to tell you if it works well.

The net-book is Asus eeepc 900 and it runs Ubuntu 11.04 with out any issue so Freezy should be no problem at all.

Ill let you know how it goes.
    Glad you liked it.. let me know hot it works on your netbook

Quote Originally Posted by Evandar View Post
    This is absolutely gorgeous. It is so gorgeous that I am considering removing LMDE from my old hardware. I'm currently running it in virtualbox, and loving it. I would love it to be more customisable though. For one, I prefer my panel on top. Is there a way to use the GNOME 3 fallback with something other than Metacity maybe?
    If you want to customize panel you need to ALT+Right click .. you can move and add new panels or manage applets.

You can install compiz as metacity alternative and select from login window the correct session, otherwise for a lighter window manager also xfwm4 works great.

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxFan999 View Post
    I installed this in Virtualbox, and although it is still sluggish, it runs better than Ubuntu 11.10 with Unity 3D.

2 Things I would like to see in a future release:
    1. Smaller ISO size.(Under 700MB)
    2. Less Ubuntu branding.

Keep up the good work!
    I'll keep in mind both suggestions!

Beans

yeah, I discovered how to customise the session after some google searching and have kept playing around with it.

This is showing promise for me. I'm still trying to decide what to use on my main laptop, and freezy is looking more and more appealing since I've wanted to minimise resource hunger for a while now. Major props for bringing out the fallback mode to the forefront like this, I would probably have never even tried GNOME 3 if it wasn't for your spinoff. Screenshots/Videos of it were enough to make me puke in my central nervous system. I wish you all the best, you've earned a supporter in me. This is one to follow.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast