Thread: Firefox Not Deleting Cookies...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Firefox Not Deleting Cookies...

Hi, everyone...

So as always, my Firefox is set to accept cookies from sites, NOT accept third-party cookies, and delete the contents of the cookie jar on Firefox exit. However, there is a list of cookies in my jar a mile long and I can't figure out why. More than that, even if I delete them all manually through Edit>Options>Privacy, closing Firefox and then opening a new session (to the Ubuntu start page, which never once gave me a cookie before) finds all those same cookies still there. I haven't visited any of the sites they come from, and I -know- most of those are 3rd party cookies. It seems like Firefox isn't enforcing the rules I gave it for cookie allowance, and I'm really not thrilled about being constantly loaded up with cookies that tell websites I don't even use or know about everything I'm doing online.

Can anybody tell me what might be going on?
    -Val

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Firefox Not Deleting Cookies...

If you have installed the opt-out add-on in firefox ,then those cookies you see are the opt-out cookies, leave them in.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Firefox Not Deleting Cookies...

I haven't installed that, but your mentioning it gave me the idea to check something I hadn't thought of earlier. One of my add-ons is using opt-out cookies, so I had just gotten mixed up. That was dumb, sorry. But thanks for speaking up. =)
    -Val