Thread: Brightness Flickering in 11.10

Beans

Brightness Flickering in 11.10

I have a Samsung R540 and yesterday installed Ubuntu alongside Windows. This is a new computer, and I did the install from a disk. Everything seemed fine yesterday aside from scroll not working on the touchpad, but I've found some work arounds and while annoying, I'm not overly concerned. However, a few minutes ago, the brightness just started flickering. At first I was afraid it was a video card problem, but then the brightness setting popped up and it was going wild - jumping all over the place. The laptop was frozen while it did this. It stopped and I was able to restart, but it started doing it a few minutes later. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Brightness Flickering in 11.10

I have also had this problem, Debra... I am also using a Samsung(NetBook). I installed it from the Windows Installer onto my Windows 7 Partition. I have not found a fix for this as of yet but am going to be looking into BIOS and for commands to turn off Linux Auto-Brightness features to see if that helps. Will post back IF I find a remedy.