Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Security for newbies

Beans

Re: Security for newbies

I just created a sub-page for Dangertux's NoScript Configuration guide. I also created a sub-page for Dangertux's "Did I Just Get Owned?" guide. This should make the Basic Security Wiki a little less intimidating to look at.

Direct all hate mail to me

WasMeHere is offline Iced Almond Soy Ubuntu, No Foam
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Daisy View Post
    I just created a sub-page for Dangertux's NoScript Configuration guide. I also created a sub-page for Dangertux's "Did I Just Get Owned?" guide. This should make the Basic Security Wiki a little less intimidating to look at.

Direct all hate mail to me
    I think it is a good idea because it makes the Basic Security Wiki a little less intimidating, but also because people with questions about those issues can be linked directly to the sub-pages.
    Last edited by WasMeHere; February 28th, 2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: improved syntax

Beans

Hi!
    To learn net security one needs to start somewhere.
    It's not so important where is your starting point as it is to 'build around it'!
    It doesn't matter what operating system you use if you have no idea about the basics of Internet communication (or, how the network protocols work etc.)
    The best thing to do would be to start from what seems to be easier and, by all means, to be sure you don't 'turn the page' until you are reallllllly familiar with all the terms you read!
    Once you have a grasp of IT basics than the quickest way to learn would be to think like a hacker: grab a classical book of net security and read it (again, don't turn the page until...').
    Looks easy? Well, it is up to a certain point - the Point of No Return
    Good Luck!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Thank you for sharing. Everyone’s questions and answers are valuable.

If a thread has had no activity for about a year or more, it is best to start a new thread of your own. Not only will you be more likely to get a response, but things change so quickly in the software world that an old thread may cause you more trouble than it will help due to outdated information.

Please feel free to add a link to this thread in the new one you start.

Best wishes!

Thread closed.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162