Thread: Horrible grainy sound quality from Amarok

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Unhappy Horrible grainy sound quality from Amarok

I recently made the switch to KDE (love it!), and proceeded on cautiously importing my music, as I always like to do things with a few test runs.

The library reads my 3 tracks properly, but when I go to play them, it's horrible sound. Grainy, static, rough noise completely clouds out the song. I go to Configure Amarok > Playback > Configure Phonon, select my internal sound card, press 'Test', and same horrible sound. I go to the Mixer from the volume controls, Settings > Audio Setup, and do the same test there, beautiful audio. The sound files play amazingly anywhere else, too: VLC, Dragon, mplayer.

Obviously the problem is not with the backend, but with Amarok itself. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no help there.

Using Kubuntu 11.10, Amarok 2.4.3, GStreamer backend 4.5.1 for Phonon (just if it is needed).

***==_ EDIT _==***
    It's not just Amarok now. I just discovered JuK does the same thing, and I'm sure other do too. However, Clementine doesn't do it, so the problem is averted...
    Last edited by hamstap85; November 14th, 2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Experienced more about the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Horrible grainy sound quality from Amarok

*ignore this reply, can't delete*
    Last edited by hamstap85; November 14th, 2011 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Won't delete